Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback PR23 – Breakthrough V1

last updated by AFL 3 months, 2 weeks ago
5 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      PR23
      Participant

Temple01

hi Paul Like the 303 bass line in this has nice rhythm, the kick is solid this is thumping i like , i think the hats/snare could pos come out to cut thru slightly as the bass is very dominant maybe they need to be louder a touch and raise the high end freq on the hats, this is a great track i enjoyed ..T

SCHEPPERZ

Hey Paul, yeah I’m with Tim about the bass’ level. But I really like that dirty kick from the get go 🤘 The kick itself would smack a bit more with some dynamic eq around 250 Hz. The best section of that track was when the new synth / sound came around 4:11 (which I think could have been 4 – 8 bars earlier in snippets maybe, or would be slowly filtered in). And for the icing I think a snare/clap in the last third could really give another climax section before ending the track. The track has really a very solid foundation and is worth finishing for sure. Cool production Paul! P.S. I also wished the break at 2:08 around 4-8 bars longer 🙂

PR23
        Participant

Cheers Tim, a few tweaks and I think it will be done.

PR23
          Participant

Thanks Michael, relistened today after a pause to get some perspective, a few changes to make . I did have that break longer at first so I may extend it!

Zach
      Participant

This one had me moving and grooving in the studio.  It sounds to me like the high end is lacking though.  Perhaps boost the highs on the hats, or maybe add some white noise sweeps here and there to fill out that top space.  The lead at 4:11 is super cool, but I think it’d build more anticipation if you teased it just a little throughout the first half.

AFL

Always love the acid style, 303s FTW.

I agree with Mike, the high end feels a little subdued maybe. Otherwise this is bangin.

Really like the transformation in the synth around 4:13

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Profile Photo
DEHN
@staticcorn

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.