Skip to content
Profile Photo

WTMO-Track Feedback

• Public Group
  • 15 hours, 35 minutes ago

Members

Mike87 – For So Long (update)

WE TALK MUSIC ONLINE Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Mike87 – For So Long (update)

last updated by AFL 3 months, 1 week ago
4 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      Mike87
      Participant

Hi guys, been a while since I posted something (from the Discord channel times).

Finally managed to “finish” a new track, been some busy times.

Very curious what you guys think about the idea and the overall arrangement.
      I have tried doing some mixing, so feedback on that is also very welcome.

DEHN

The arrangement is pretty basic, and that shouldn’t be taken negatively, that’s how dance music works best for both listeners and Dj’s.

The mix is pretty good, but that formant/vowel filter melody you bring in, doesnt sit nice in the mix, it really stands out, and that would be the first thing to look at. Dont change it or anything else. Just make it sit more in the mix, and I actually think its down to a better reverb on it and a few db’s lower.

SCHEPPERZ

Yeah same like Piv. The track’s flow is almost too static and predictable. What I did in the beginning and still do, is to record an automation on single layers / tracks while listening through. For instance I map the ADSR controls of say an open hat and I then either automate it via mouse or my midi-controller (with eyes closed my favorite). So the track feels more alive and flows more nicely.

Mike87
      Participant

Thanks for the feedback Dehn and Schepperz. I’m going to work on the melody to make it better sit in the mix.

I’m also going to play a bit more with automation, great tip!

AFL

Right off the bat I love that synth line, especially around :36 where it gets doubled or beefed up in some way.

I think Piv and Schepperz have made some good points. A little more automation to make things move and feel alive would be great but don’t change too much, like Piv said simplicity isn’t necessarily a bad thing. For dancers and DJs alike it has something to grab onto and move with.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.