Home Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Kenada – The Climb

last updated by DEHN 2 weeks, 2 days ago
3 voices
4 replies
  • Author
      Scott – Kenada
      Participant

Hey guys,

Believe it or not, this started out as a UK garage tune and, through more iterations than I care to mention, morphed into a 4/4 techno roller. How’s it hanging together?

Cheers, Scott

DEHN

Well it turned out to be the use.

When the melody starts the sounds begins to crush, so you might wanna look into that. The track structure wise is really good, I do feel the sound of the melody is a bit detached to this heavy beat. And I would fiddle around with it to get a bit more dirty sound for it. It feels to happy for this minimal tech groovve.

Scott – Kenada
        Participant

Cheers Piv,
        On the crush, you mean the saturation is maxing out when the melody comes in? Might try an edgier sound, was initially going for a juxtaposition – but it might to too far removed from the deeper driving beat.
        Thx a bunch!

DEHN

Could be the saturation that is to much so its more distortion than saturation.

AFL

I dig this Scott.

For the melody thing you could try dropping the octave by 1 to see if that suited the vibe. I think it’s sounds great as it is, it’s kind of this juxtaposition with the other sounds.

Otherwise nothing else really sticks out to me, I put this on in my headphones and for the longest time just vibed to the beat.

Good stuff!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Profile Photo
DEHN
@staticcorn

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.