Skip to content
Profile Photo

WTMO-Track Feedback

• Public Group
  • 15 hours, 40 minutes ago

Members

Feedback/Critique on a WIP Lofi-type Vibe – 90BPM

WE TALK MUSIC ONLINE Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Feedback/Critique on a WIP Lofi-type Vibe – 90BPM

last updated by DEHN 2 months, 3 weeks ago
3 voices
6 replies
  • Author
      Miles From Earth
      Participant

Hey everyone,

I hope all is well – looking for some feedback on this track I’m working on. It’s not quite Lofi imo, but I’m not sure what to call it, so I’d love some insight on a genre as well, for future purposes. Let me know what you think.

DEHN

My first thought was Lo-Fi, even before reading your text. But it could also be called chill-out.

The mix sounds rather good, it feels a little crowded at around 700-800hz.
      But that’s about it I can say on the mix since the genre doesn’t scream for super clean sounds.  My only complaint is perhaps its a bit short. I like this type of tracks to minimum 5 minutes.. Otherwise I’m not getting into the flow.

But super cool track.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by DEHN.
        Miles From Earth
        Participant

Thank you for the feedback! Will keep these points in mind when I get back around to working on this one.

SCHEPPERZ

Yeah same like Piv – theses resonances are a bit too much, especially around that long break but you could collaborate with Mr. Melvis with this sound in general. As a Techno head the kick could also have some more power (personal taste) and the ending was a bit abrupt. Cool sketch 👍

Miles From Earth
        Participant

Love the feedback, thank you!

Miles From Earth
        Participant

Was thinking the filter I’m largely using throughout is a bit on the high side myself.

DEHN

Well that added to the Lo-Fi sound of it. Remember some of the things we give feedback on are also our own preferences, its hard not to.I totally get that the kick can go deeper, but with this type of sound, it could also easily go to far.

Anyway my biggest problem is actually the length. But again, it is also a preference I got. I dont want to put a track on repeat, if I have to, then the track is to short hehe 🙂

Topic tags

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.