• 15 hours, 42 minutes ago

Members

Ben Hunt – Midsummer

WE TALK MUSIC ONLINE Forums WTMO-Track Feedback Ben Hunt – Midsummer

5 voices
8 replies
  • Author
      Ben Hunt

Started this little balearic space disco thing in honor of the solstice and finally getting some nice weather in the UK – cosmic vibes at a positively horizontal 96bpm…

Any mix / arrangement / whatever notes much appreciated….

Will do the rounds on some other peep’s tracks this morning.

DEHN

Wow really like the low feeling in this one, it feels dynamic.

The bass that plays is a bit to loud to my taste, it moves the focus from the melody. Like always it is not much it needs to come down. And listening to the sound it got in the end, it sounds like you take some of the highs of, and it somehow fits better since it is less dominant, and you got the melodies for the dominant part.
      Other than that the mix is really good.

And one last thing. Call it Midsommer. Just to really keep the Northern Hemisphere Vibe 🙂

Ben Hunt

Thanks Piv,  great feedback once again, agree on all of it.

It started out more of a synthpop thing so thought the bass being quite high would suit it, but think it will fit the cosmic vibes better to lower it and take some of the brightness out,  its filtered in and out so should be and easy fix to do.

Point taken on the name! Side note, I watched the Ari Aster Midsommar over the weekend – not sure if that ended up influencing this or or not but sheesh!

Temple01

Hey Ben really like this one nice smooth feel like the string atmos in the off and it build nice, to me the bass sounded good and balanced against the rest luv the part in the 1.50 area this rises up nice and the arp melodics are ace i can tell this is defo your signature sound very cool mate i enjoyed ..T

Ben Hunt

Thanks mate.

Scott – Kenada
      Participant

A positively horizontal 96 BPM… Love that!
      Really feel the space and air in this one, as Piv said, it feels very dynamic and open. Agree on lowering the bass a bit, but the pads and percussive builds are great. Total vibes. Really enjoying this, thanks for sharing.

AFL

Oh I like that little vocal cut and ping pong perc right off the bat.

Oh wow, that moment at 1 min when it all comes together, beautiful.

All the sounds are perfect in this, nothing is really sticking out to me at all, it’s a gorgeous track.

Breakdown at 1:43 is excellent, nice build up out of it.

Great track Ben

AFL

I’d love to play around with these stems when you’re finished. I’m getting some dnb vibes.

Ben Hunt

Sounds great John, can’t remember where I got with this one – school holidays have zapped my music time  – but will sort some out for anyone who’d like a go.

• This reply was modified 3 days, 16 hours ago by Ben Hunt.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.