Skip to content
Profile Photo

WTMO-Track Feedback

• Public Group
  • 15 hours, 29 minutes ago

Members

AFL – The Three Beggars (2024 Version)

WE TALK MUSIC ONLINE Forums WTMO-Track Feedback AFL – The Three Beggars (2024 Version)

4 voices
12 replies
  • Author
      AFL

Hey guys,

I made the original version of this track back in 2011 in Reason and have always wanted to redo it since getting back into Ableton a few years ago but had lost all the samples and original project file.

I finally sat down and re-recorded the movies (Antichrist) audio and chopped out the samples I needed and here is the product:

I’m interested in any input, I’m a little ear blind to this now that I’ve been listening to it for some time.

It starts as deep, dark Dubstep and progresses to something more rowdy for the second drop.

If you’re interested the original can be found here:

• This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by AFL.
      • This topic was modified 3 months ago by AFL.
      SCHEPPERZ

I do like the track’s theme John! The intro is really great. At 0:45 – 0:46 there’s a click sound, which isn’t intended I guess. The kick starting at 0:52 is a bit thin and sounding somewhat boxy. Actually I find the bass / lower frequency range could be beefed up a bit. That chopped vocal around 2:50 is so good. That scratchy sound section around the 3 minute mark is too far away to my  eares, compared to the very present stereo field elements. I do also think the genre important snare / clap could cut through the mix a bit more (maybe just a bit more sidechaining and / or NY compression). Hope that helps:)

AFL

LMAO, ok so I go into this thinking: “hmmm, maybe I should add some saturation or something to make the kick punchier”. In the end it turned out what I really needed to do was remove the low cut EQ.

Oof.

Hahaha, new version coming soon!

SCHEPPERZ

P.S. Been so out of productive mode lately but for some reason this would be cool to remix if you don’t mind? 😁🤘

AFL

Thanks Michael! Yeah the click I realized came with part of the atmospheric sounds I copied from the movie so it should be easy to cut.

I’ll definitely take a look at the low end/kic and snare. I’ll get another revision done asap.

I’d love to send you the stems for a remix once this is done!

Temple01

Hey John Liking this nice bass movements i get about the Kick maybe needs to hit thru in the mix a bit more but overall i like the theme of this track the vocals are cool they fit well nice work..T

AFL

Thanks Tim! I should have a new version up tonight.

AFL

Ok here is the new version:

AFL

Small change made as I found a spot with some phase issues with a new bass sound.

Ben Hunt

Didn’t catch the first versions, but this sounds good to me John. Vocal samples work relly well and the build up at 2:30 ish is awesome. Would like it a bit longer personally, but it totally work at this length also. Nice one!

+1 on the remix stems if they’re going too.

AFL

Thanks for listening Ben! Yeah I had a thought to extend it a little, we’ll see what I can come up with.

I’ll shoot over a link to the stems asap

• This reply was modified 3 months ago by AFL.
      SCHEPPERZ

Mate, this is a super update! Yeah it could be a touch longer, but then you would need to implement something new / unique sounding as well to give it that special flavor but this track is already awesome! Well done 👍

Temple01

Hey John Nice track the vocals are great i like the bass lines the pitching at 1.00 is cool this version sounding much better are you sending out stems count me in if you are haha!!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Description

Track Feedback is for everyone

Create a topic in the forum with your track. and get feedback from other users. Tell them what you would like feedback on.
When giving feedback, use timestamps and be constructive with feedback. No one wants to hear “Great bro”, or “This is shit”. We are creating a safe place for feedback.
When receiving feedback, dont take things personally. We know feedback can be hard to hear. But remember, this is your first time listeners, their opinion matters.
It’s really simple to be part of this. Behave nice and have a great time with the other users
Don’t use short links like those from Soundcloud, they wont work, use the full link instead.

Group Administrators

Group Moderators

Profile Photo
PR23
@pr23
Profile Photo
mr_melvis
@mrmelvis
Profile Photo
The Matt Schulz
@mattschulz
Profile Photo
Denats
@denats
Profile Photo
Ben Hunt
@benhunt
Profile Photo
Nick Lavallee
@niklab
Profile Photo
DJWhaters
@djwhaters
Profile Photo
SCHEPPERZ
@schepperz
Profile Photo
Temple01
@funkascope

This website uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you accept our use of cookies.